Dancing the Lucid Dream
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter :1

Go down

Chapter :1 Empty Chapter :1

Post by Admin Fri May 30, 2014 11:01 am

Chapter 1 Prelude:  original date August 29th 2013

I turned the keys off in the ignition and was rewarded with the silence, broken only by the intermittent clicks of the engine cooling off. The house was mostly dark. Only a few dim lights from the upstairs windows. Foolish! They can tell exactly where you sleep! The thought screamed across my mind before I could quiet the anxiety that was still running up and down my spine. No, it wasn't foolish when you didn't know. Why fear the dark when you believe a night light will keep you safe? Why ruin that belief when life can be so simple, so safe and peaceful?

Inhaling deeply I slowly let my breath out and felt my heart rate lower to a calmer rhythm. I scratched the stubble on my chin. I had rushed this morning, eager to be home again. It had been a long trip, and far more... involved than anticipated. Gathering my briefcase, I ignored the garment bag and the suitcase. They could be collected tomorrow. The cool night air was slowly gaining the frosty tang that promised that summer was ending. The lamp lights cast shadows through the trees. I was looking for anything out of place, but the night seemed defiantly peaceful in the this sleepy housing development. Neatly trimmed lawns, cookie cutter houses, and modest commuter cars and minivans create a blatant but welcoming lie, but one I wished to keep. I locked the car by hand and headed in.

I relocked the door and headed up the stairs, not bothering to turn on the lights. Perfectly poised picture frames and little holders with unlit scented candles, always Tahitian vanilla and cinnamon, lead me up the stairs. The familiar artificial fragrance welcoming me home and making me smile. I slip my brief case into my office as I pass by. Quietly I sneak a peak into the bedroom. Alice is curled up under the covers of our bed with her open book across her lap and the reading lamp left on. I continue down the hall and paused outside the slightly ajar door, a dim glow of a lamp spilling under and up the doorway.

The pale green nursery painted with butterflies and violets. Tiny little birds and butterflies circle in the air over the maple wood crib. She's nearly a year old now and growing so fast. There's a soft beauty like her mother as she sleeps, peaceful under the a soft purple blanket. The dark hair and green eyes mark her as mine, my baby girl, my daughter. That little dark knot of worry evaporated as I watched her sleep.

She stirred slightly, and I took the opportunity to scoop her and her blanket up into my arms. So light and warm, it still astounds me how light she is in my arms. If she was aware someone picked her up, she was too sleepy to care, already drifting off to dream. I held her and inhaled the clean powdery scent that all babies have, touched by lavender baby bath and a hint of something more. Sleep my sweet Caroline. Dream of beauty and light. When you're ready, we can see the real world together. I can't help but smirk to the shadows of the nursery. They are so not prepared for you.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://dancingthelucidream.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Chapter :1 Empty Re: Chapter :1

Post by Admin Fri May 30, 2014 11:03 am

Origional Date: June 5, 2013 posted by Pagan

It's summer semester so your off the hook for classes for the now. The weather has been beautiful. Bio-dad, is out for a few weeks on business and has left you not only the keys to his penthouse apartment, but the keys to his 2010 Mustang. You've even managed to get a decent tan at you internship. It's been a good year for the zoo. They have managed to have several cubs in the "baby pavilion." Dr. Ellixa Mattios's usual vet assistant, Gretchen is also expecting a "cub," as the joke goes. Gretchen is out on maturity leave for most of the summer. You were Dr. Mattios's first choice of interns. So for the last few weeks you have been helping nurse and take care of the baby polar bear, a baby panther, a baby tiger, a baby chimp. The chimp was named Lucy by Dr. Mattios. Gretchen named the little polar bear Blizzard, and he is a handful. At your suggestion the baby panther, who has a small white lightning bolt behind his left ear was named Static. The sweet baby tiger was named Velcro, and only seems to stick to you. You've been having a great time, nursing, bathing, playing with the little babes. Holding or positioning them so people can take pictures with the little ones. You just got off your lunch break. You may have eaten at the picnic tables outside the aquarium, because it was so nice out. Nice and warm, sunny but with a light breeze, and no humidity. You fed your scraps to the little blue penguins who have a pool right outside the aquarium. Your walking back the path to the pavilion when you hear music. Now, it's really rare for the zoo to allow entertainers to preform inside the zoo, but it'd definitively coming from ahead. You walk up the path and on one of the rocks lining the walking paths. (song, I forgive you, by Every Avenue). As you get closer you see, it's not one person but two singing, and they might be twins. both in jeans, one wearing a white wife-beater and the other one black. The one in black is playing guitar as well. The one in white is doing most of the singing, and smoking a cigarette in a non smoking area. People are meandering, but not a lot are stopping to listen. People look at them as they walk by but no one is really stopping. Here is pic of the twins.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri May 30, 2014 11:04 am

Original Date : June 6th 2013 Posted by Shaeyde

Salad with all the trimmings was lunch for today at least. Slices of peppers and mushrooms. Cherry tomatoes and shreds of ham and crab meat all nestled amid a bed of romaine and ice burg lettuce with an assortment of grated cheese as garnish. My bottle of iced tea was nearly drained though it would be refilled at a fountain on my way back so that I had something to keep hydrated with. Speaking of on my way back, there was the timer on my watch telling me I had five to make it in and get back on the clock.

It wouldn't be too difficult honestly as I was a gal who believed in sensible work clothes, especially with my job details. Cute but sensible Sketchers, boot cut blue jeans, and even in this warmth a dual layered creme and black v-neck shirt. My hair normally kept tied back while on shift had as usual come free of it's bindings and was a tumble of chocolate around my shoulders. It meant that the moment I had finished offering my leftovers to some of the little ones who were always hungry, I could jog back and not break an ankle. I was betting that I could even fit smoking a cigarette in there somewhere if I ducked down some of the back pathways where none of the patrons would see me and tattle.

It wasn't that I lived to break the rules, but there were moments where breaking one meant being able to keep to another. I wasn't a goody two shoes by any means, but while here at work, I valued keeping my butt in line as best as I could. Besides, I had a certain work ethic that wouldn't allow me to be late from break.

I was just about to hop over the fence into a still closed exhibit that was in the process of being built when I heard the music. Blinking slightly in surprise as it didn't have the tinny sound that even a good electronic device would have, I muttered something about infernal curiosity and moved forward a bit to see what in the world it could be coming from. Oh my. Not so much a what but a who. Two whos to be exact. I was suddenly thinking of the Grinch and Whoville and a whole assortment of utterly unrelated things when I noticed one of them smoking. Why oh why ? I was so going to be late from my break. Thankfully I was liked well enough that they might not kick my arse out and find someone else.

Skirting the main area, and taking to one of the narrow almost none existent side paths, I made it over the railing and quietly onto the bench behind them. The one that gave me just enough height, and luckily enough reach to be able to pop an arm over white twin's shoulder and attempt to pluck the cigarette from his hand.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri May 30, 2014 11:05 am

Original Post June 6th, 2013 Posted by Pagan

The mystery man in white, as if sensing your hand, somehow managed to change hands and capture your fingers in his, and with a slight unexpected pull (as you would be standing on an incline) drew you within his personal space bubble, as he continues to sing, to you in fact. "And now your knocking on my front door, that's what I've been living for, Excuse me while I laugh my ass off." He sings, not belting into you face. He sings it to you, as if he's inviting you to join the show. The lyrics could be taken as insult, but instead they come off as more of an invitation. "And I forgive you for your way, but did I really get away?" The white singer has some pretty fantastic eyes too. Deep golden honey flecked with what you would swear are copper rays, eyes that are somehow familiar. He keeps your hand in his, and exaggerates a bow that you can resist if you want, but are clearly invited to join in. Some people clap as they walk by, but again there's not really a crowd. He chuckles, and you can see his perfect white teeth and smell the menthol he was smoking mingling with mint. (If your looking the one in black is still sitting on the rock, killing the last drag on the cig, then field stripping it.) He gives his obvious twin on the rock a glance and a grin. Blackie on the rock seems content to raise an eyebrow, and go back to gently strumming his guitar. Whitey just shakes his head, and you get a faint musky smell, again maybe vaguely familiar, but maybe someone you know uses that shampoo too?
"Thanks for joining us. I'm Kar and the silent one's Cade." He gives a small bow to you at his name and a gesture to his twin on the rock. "And you would be the beautiful..." He leaves the end open for you to answer, if you choose to.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri May 30, 2014 11:06 am

Original Post June 7th 2013 Posted by Shaeyde

Oh crap he was quick and here I'd thought the music had hid what little bit of noise I'd made coming up on him. I really had to work on my Ninja skills more often if I'd failed so miserably there. While I wasn't the most graceful Duckling in the universe I was just enough so that I didn't face plant, or stumble over my own two feet, or some other as equally embarrassing stunt when he drew me out of my world and into his. Blinking when he continued to sing, my head tilted just slightly, kind of like Velcro or Static did when I was doing something interesting to catch their attention. Brilliant Verdant green eyes watched him curiously from behind the fall of hair that ever seemed to shade my features when I most needed it. Wasn't that I was being shy or coy, I just wanted to study him on my terms without being judged in return just yet.

When he bowed, I couldn't help but play along. His would be stage presence was infectious enough that as he rose, I spun myself out, a slight pirouette of sorts before dropping into a low curtsy. I heard the handful of scattered applause, colored just a bit before blowing some of my ever rebellious hair out of my face and straightening with a shrug.

"Well it depends who you are. Are you Friend or Foe, Hero or Villain ? I don't think you're the police, and you don't look like a hardened Criminal, so I guess you can call me Caro. Or Sid. Maybe Lina. You don't get my full name just yet. Your Brother's name sounds like a full one, but what is yours short for ? Before you ask, mine is short for I am so late getting back to work."

I was so going to get in trouble for this, but something about him, Gods above and below only knew what it was made me curious. As if I was infused with it as one of my cats, I dipped forward as he rose from that minor bow and if he didn't manage to evade this maneuver too, my tongue would find purchase from just above the jawline, over the cheekbone and just skipping the eye to end shy of the line of his hair. It had to be that scent. Whatever it was, so familiar but I just couldn't quite place my finger on it. I knew that fact would drive me crazy, but even as my tongue tingled like i'd touched it to a live electrical wire, I was already turning to run rather than sprint back to work.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri May 30, 2014 11:08 am

Original Date June 7th 2013 Posted by Pagan

Your lick does hit home hit the mark, and again you catch that wonderful possible familiar scent. Kar, as he had introduced himself, doesn’t even flinch, but to do catch the sharp intake of air through his nose. Perhaps you managed to startle him. A quiet chuckle, you can only assume is Cade’s before you make your daring retreat to work, your internship, and hopefully you future. You’re about to turn the corner and out of sight of the twins when you hear Kar, “Latter Lovely Lina!”
It’s only about a good minute or two of running before you manage to get to the back door of the “Baby Pavilion.” You manage to slide your badge over the scanner mere seconds before the clock changes to 12:31. “And here I was hoping you might be late for a change.” Dr. Mattios grins from the changing table where she is applying a fresh diaper to Lucy. Dr. Mattios is supposed to be at least 50, but the only clue she’s over 35 is the grey forelock and a slight wrinkle around her dark honey eyes. Her mocha complexion might be working for her and it’s natural even though the winter. If you’ve ever seen her in anything other than kaki pants and a zoo polo, you don’t remember it. “I know your trying to keep a good impression, but I won’t hold it against you if you walk back, especially on such a nice day. Besides we can always say some guests wanted direction.” She gives you a warm smile, like she usually does. The other zoo workers have dubbed Dr. Mattios, Mama Mattios since she mothers all the little animals, and most of the zoo workers too. She picks up Lucy, who wraps long arms around her neck. “Velcro’s being fussy again, I think he knows if he’s fussy and you’re here I’ll wait and let you feed him.” She chuckles and Lucy puts a hand over her eyes. “He’s in his play pen and the bottle’s in the microwave, somehow I knew you’d be right on time. Oh, and if someone comes to the door asking for me, I have some family visiting this week. Just page me on the walkie.” She walks out of the room, gently rocking Lucy singing in some language, I doubt your familiar with. The bottle is in the microwave and the walkie right next to it. Faintly you can hear Velcro trying to do a roar, a cute but slightly grumpy kitty roar.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri May 30, 2014 11:11 am

Original Date June 7th 2013 Posted by Shaeyde

I pressed a quick peck to Mamma M's cheek before tucking my badge into the ass pocket of my jeans and reaching down to slip off my shoes. Tugging off one of the striped toe socks, I hopped around on that foot while removing the other. Once they were both rolled and tucked together in my shoes, I slipped them under one of the work tables, giving a quick sigh of relief as I wriggled my now bare toes. Twisting my hair up into a bun, not caring how it ended up looking, I secured it with a couple of hair ties as best as I could. Flashing Mamma M a quick smile as I went and retrieved the bottle, my ears picking up the rustling at the cage of a certain impatient baby fuzzball,

"I could be late, you're right. But I don't think that would look to good on my record. My boss is kind of a hard nosed brat. It is nice though."

The last portion of my words were lost to the wind after her, though I knew she'd end up making some response to them at a later point. Noting that most of the other staff was already out and about doing their usual rotations, I knew that back here was pretty much mine, at least for a little bit. Reaching over and flipping on the portable stereo we kept back here, I flipped a compact disc into the player and turned the volume up. Not obnoxiously loud, but enough that I'd be able to hear it as I moved about. Darting over to the microwave and grabbing the bottle, I popped the top back on it before testing the temperature of the liquid on the inside of my wrist. Ah. Perfect.

Even as I ducked around the corner and into the area where my little clingy wonder's playpen was, the sounds of guitar music could be heard streaming through the air. Seeming to get more anxious the moment he saw me come in, Velcro let out another attempt at a roar. Grinning as I padded over and reached out to release him into my arms, I was rewarded by a raspy lick of his tongue across my face. Laughing as I nuzzled into him for a moment, I readjusted him in my embrace so I could carry him comfortably as I fed him. He took to the bottle like the starving baby he always proposed to be, and I moved back into the main room where the music was carrying from.

"Cause I knew you were trouble when you walked in
So shame on me now
Flew me to places I'd never been
'Til you put me down, oh
I knew you were trouble when you walked in
So shame on me now
Flew me to places I'd never been"

As good as the original was, I preferred this version, the music seeming more soothing to the babies. I sang along to the chorus, switching over to Greek rather than remaining in English. My bared feet assisted in the half slide half dance that I was doing all the while, Velcro's wide kitty eyes gleeful, both from the attention and the feeding. While I was not the world's best singer or dancer, I knew I wasn't half bad. Besides, it wasn't like anyone other than my babe in arms would hear it anyways and who was he going to tell ?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri May 30, 2014 11:13 am

Original Date June 7th 2013, Posted by Pagan

Velco sucked down the first bottle in your arms and made the soft coo/growl that he likes to make when you're singing to him. You manage to get him through both bottles that he's supposed to drink, and he's more than content to squiggle in your arms as he "attacks" your fingers. Velcro still smells like his bath soap, like dish soap and a slight musky undertone. He stops mid catch of your hand, and turns his hand to the door, one that leads deeper into the Baby Pavilion. His fur has puffed a little more out of insecurity than fear. (He sometimes does that for people who aren't you.) Tilting his head he sniffs at the air and his little ears perk up towards the open door. After a moment you see the whipping black tail of Static pulling against something slowly cross the doorway. He's struggling with a rope toy. His rope toy. Most people who touch it bleed, but there's an unfamiliar hand playing tug of war with the baby panther. It's a nice slightly tanned masculine arm. With a faint smirk it's Cade who slides across the floor on his knees playing with the baby panther. As if he feels your eyes, he turns his head and looks at you calmly, as if he should be there, and gives you a slow blink. Static drops his favorite toy, wiggles his little black but and pounces into Cade's lap, making happy contented cub sounds. Cade just stares.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri May 30, 2014 11:13 am

Original Date June 7th 2013 Posted by Shaeyde

The moment my little one started exhibiting the peculiar behavior, I immediately quieted and went to lower the music. Not completely off, but close enough to muffle my steps. Between the time it took to do that and when my eyes caught sight of Static freed of his pen, I had managed to grab up one of the knifes that lay about for different purposes. Keeping it tucked close to my side, hidden by the mass of my body and Velcro's, I was tip toeing towing towards the door leading into the Baby Pavilion when I realized there was indeed another person.

Playing with Static and his rope toy....And not loosing fingers. Or an eye. Or any other body part that little cub claws could remove without too much difficulty. Watching as Static tackled one of the twin's laps, Cade I think it was, I found my eyes locking with his for a moment before moving down the knife that might have become more visible when my arm had dropped in surprise at my recognition of him, vague as it may be. Having the good grace to go up in scarlet flames, I walked over and placed it back in the sheath before turning the stereo completely off. Clearing my throat slightly, trying to figure out the best way to say something, anything, I burrowed my face into Velcro's fur, only slightly peering at him over the tiny creature.

"Excuse me, but what in the world are you doing here ? Unless they're hiring and Mamma M didn't mention it. Where's your badge ?"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri May 30, 2014 11:14 am

Original Date June 7th 2013 Posted by Pagan

Cade, continued to watch you as he absentmindedly scratched Static behind his tiny black ears. If you didn't know better the panther cub was purring. Cade kept the same calm expression curiously watching you as his long tapered fingers kept Static entertained. His eyes were the same deep golden honey as his twins, but where you noticed Kar had copper striations in his eyes, Cade seemed to have flex of clover green. Another slow blink, and he ever so slightly parted his lips to speak, and Kar's laughter rang out. "Told you Cade would get along with the little guy, Aunt El." Cade closed his lips, as the footfalls approached. A slow smirk gracing his face, the kind of smirk that invites secrets and mischief all at once. You hear Mamma M. call back, " You boys behave, I need to give Lucy her lunch. I mean it Kar." As if summoned, Kar walked into the doorway and knelt down in front of Cade. If he saw you he made no inclination of it. His eyes still alight with amusement, Kar reached a hand out towards Static. Static, who was not fooled by the fact the twins looked the same, stood his ground on Cade's knee, and swiped at Kar's open palm. "Damn that is an angry little cub!" Kar checked his hand to make sure Static didn't open him up. Static satisfied that Kar wouldn't try to touch him again, let a baby cat scream to assert his dominance, and then flopped down and lounged on Cade's knee. Cade chuckled softly and continued to smile at the cub, but maybe it was something else. That's when you notice the special access visitor pass peeking slightly out of Cade's jean pocket. You know that wasn't peeking out of his pocket a moment ago. Kar flopped back sitting against the door frame and did a deep inhale and a sigh. Followed immediately by a head tilt as he turned to look at you, as if he knew exactly where you would be standing. "Ah the Lovely Lina appears again, we didn't make you late did we?"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri May 30, 2014 11:15 am

Original Date June 8th 2013 Posted by Shaeyde

"Aunty El....Family in town this...You've got to be kidding me."

Things could be resoundingly worse, given the circumstances. I'd pulled a knife on one of my Superior's nephew's apparently, but at least I hadn't actually stabbed him. Or even injured him whatsoever. If anyone was harmed here, it might be that slightest bit of my pride that was now wafting away out the window. Must both have them have such glorious eyes ? I was not so sure what I had done to earn or deserve such an odd set of events, but none the less, here was where I found myself. Whatever the quieter of the twins might have said was lost as the more vocal, the showman of the two's voice had suddenly popped out of nowhere as well. I could have sworn that she hadn't left more than five minutes ago, though what she had parted ways for I just couldn't seem to remember. Maybe to pick up these two scoundrels ? Or maybe it was one scoundrel and the other his wing-man ? Ignoring the two of them for the moment,

"If you have company, Mamma, I can always prep lunch for Lu-Lu. And he's not angry, he just doesn't like strangers. Or Arrogant, loud voice. His name is Static, Cade and if Mamma M hasn't already fed him lunch, there's probably someone you could convince to show you where the feeding supplies are. As long as someone's over seeing you I don't think it would be a problem. And late, for a very important date ? Never, not due to lack of you trying though. By the way it's Lina, not lovely anything. Are you hungry, Static love ?"

Team distraction tactics, initiated. Project detract from my current and possibly unforgettable embarrassment, was a go. Or so I hoped. Shifting Velcro so that the larger cub was settled as much out of the smaller one's zone as I could easily, subtly manage, I carefully, respectfully extended my hand to the little black ball of fluff. It was only if and when that he seemed to give a positive response that I rose my gaze even slightly to meet Cade's before moving in the direction of the aforementioned feed. Obviously if Mamma M mentioned wanting Lu-Lu's food prepped i would, otherwise I focused solely on arranging for Static's.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri May 30, 2014 11:16 am

Original Date June 8th Pagan

Static, still lounging on Cade's knee, sniffs at you and playfully bats at your hand, with out claws and if you allow, pulls your hand in and starts licking the back of it like an over-sized kitten. Velcro rubs his forehead into your side, he won't cause trouble but he just needed to remind you he's still here and might still be hungry. "I got Lu, if you want to finish feeding Velcro I'm sure if you gave Cade a bottle he should be able to get Static to eat something. Kar be a dear and make a few bottles for those two so you don't loose a finger. I will not explain that to my brother."
"K," Kar hollered back down the hall. He rolled up, and sighed like 20 year old boys do when they think they're being put out by something. Kar went over to the shelves and began prepping two bottles. If you watch he seems to know what he's doing, after he digs around for what he needs. Maybe he's helped out Mamma before, but your pretty sure you'd remember seeing either of them during your internship. Maybe it was when they were younger who knows. Cade slowly inched a curled hand out to Velcro. in the close proxmity you get another wiff of some warmly scented soap, like cinnamon and sandalwood and an undertone of a musky scent though not identical to the one you got off Kar. Velcro eyed his hand suspiciously, but doesn't seem to really want Cade to touch him, maybe after he gets used to Cade, but for now Velcro says no. Cade seemed to sense it and slowly pulled his hand back. "You don't mind?" His voice is a low purr barely above a whisper, very soft spoken compared to his twin. You can just barely hear his voice over the sound of Kar prepping the meals. It's a warm sound not course or rough, but like warm velvet and rich like good chocolate. He glanced down to Static as if indicating Static's feeding.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri May 30, 2014 11:16 am

June 8th 2013 Shaeyde

"It's okay. I wouldn't say it if I didn't mean it. Life is too short to waste words on things like that. I only offered because you're obviously Mamma's people, though how I could have missed that earlier...Normally I'm more perceptive than that.Though there is the fact the little guy seems to have taken a shining to you. He usually doesn't too most and the one on one time would be good for him. Careful that you don't imprint with him. He'd be heartbroken when you leave otherwise."

A quiet thrum of laughter tumbled from my lips at the definitely ticklish sensation caused by the sweet, if raspy affections. Letting Static do as he would for a moment, I leaned down just enough to whisper a gentle endearment to Velcro in Greek, letting him now he was always and ever remembered, never forgotten, even if attention was being shown for a moment elsewhere. The last part of the comment while given mainly in jest still held some truth to it. While I was not sure what exactly I thought of how the Twilight movies presented it, animals were known to create strange bonds with humans, especially if enough time was spent in close contact at an early age. The words and the focus on the fuzzballs though were a much needed distraction, though sadly not enough.

As I lifted my head from Velcro, I leaned forward, not ever directly touching him, but enough that unless he withdrew, I could sniff along the line of his neck. Bad Lina, silly, silly, bad Lina. He did smell so uniquely just as Kar had. Drawing back, unusually embarrassed at my own audacity, I offered up a soft shrug in response.

"You and your twin...You both smell...Well Different. Not bad. Not bad at all. Just...I'm sorry, now I'm rambling at you."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri May 30, 2014 11:17 am

June 8th 2013 Pagan

Actually when you go to sniff at Cade's neck he twists his chin away just enough to expose the entire line of his neck, as if he knew what you were going for. He offers the exposed line of nicely tanned flesh and your rewarded with that warm scent and the light musky undertones. You can't quite place it. Kars might be more familiar for some reason but Cade's tickles your nose a bit more. Velcro follows your lead leaning in and sniffing up the side of Cade's elbow. Static just eyes Velcro suspiciously. The two cubs slowly sniff each other, until Velcro sneezes on Static and retreats back to your lap. Cade watched you retreat through the corner of his eye, one eyebrow arched in an amused, but pleased expression. You stutter out your explanation and are rewarded with a silent smirk, like you're sharing some small secret. No strange judgement, just mild curiosity and amusement. The beep of the microwave causes you both to blink, Cade in the same deliberate manner as before. "Alright Chow time Lil' ones... Did I miss something?" Kar looks genuinely confused as he walks over and hands you each a bottle.

Cade slowly turns his head up to look at Kar as he takes the bottle. The small smirk still playing on his lips. "Dibs." Cade uses his same softly spoken voice as if it should be obvious.

"What," Kar actually took a step back. His eyes were wide, and his face flushed seemingly in shock at what his brother was saying. "You can't just."

"Dibs," Cade maintained, "She's my friend." Cade's tone didn't shift, his volume didn't even change. "Well, Velcro might have first dibs, but I call second." He spoke in that rolling purr, cool and deep like water. He gives Velcro a small nods, and turns his clover flecked eyes back to you. "Dibs?" as if asking if you would accept his offer. Though your not sure for what. Something about the way he said friend makes it seem a little more important than simple friendship. There's nothing sexual about the way he says, he's definitely not calling dibs on your bed. It comes off more like he's offering to watch your back, but not like your in danger. Just an offer that should you even need him you know he'd be there, yet he doesn't seem to be asking more than friendship.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri May 30, 2014 11:17 am

June 8th 2013 Shaeyde

I knew indignation suddenly, a riotous blossom of it spiraling through me to land somewhere in my gut. It wasn't that I was taken, so the claiming stepped on someone's toes, but in a way, they did. I was not anyone's to just be announced almost as if I were property. I was an independent woman, or at least was trying to be, and with the sudden rush of what might just be testosterone between them over something I obviously didn't understand, that Goddess within me rose her head and roared. The sudden turning of his focus back to me, the near on request for permission so unexpected left me speechless for a moment.

Standing there, barefoot and holding a cub between the two of them, I wasn't sure if I knew what to expect, much less how to answer. While the added clarification told me he wasn't thinking I was suddenly his girlfriend, merely a friend, it still left me uncertain. It wasn't that I was antisocial by any means, I just didn't have a lot of time for people, what with work, the internship at the Zoo and of course school. Even with it being only Summer semester, it still didn't leave a lot of time free, even if I had wanted it. Even through high school, the word friend wasn't one I could ever think of having applied to anyone. I mean you were supposed to have time to do things with friends, right ? Not exactly sure how to respond to any of it, I rolled with my gut instinct, hoping that I wouldn't sound a complete fool.

"I'm not sure how I know how to be a proper friend, but I'm willing to try. As for my Velcro, you're right. He'll always have first claim on me. I think you might have a hard fight though for seconds with little puffball over there. Though who knows, I might have to concede second to him. Seriously though Kar, what gives ? It's not like he's talking about taking me in one of the empty exhibits and banging me against a tree."

Oh God. Had I really just said that ? I might just curl up in a ball right here and die. Embarrassment didn't cover it, maybe mortification. I couldn't stop the tiny whimper of sound that came from my lips, unbidden as I grabbed the bottle quickly and curled Velcro to my chest, trying to stop the shaking of my hand as I began feeding him. Not one usually given to tears, I could feel the heated sting of them behind my lashes as i tried blinking a few times to force them away. I would not give into full blown waterworks here and now.

"I'm sorry. I'm honestly not sure where that came from. I'm usually not so crude and the rare times I am, well it's been around Mamma M. I didn't mean anything by it. I mean if it's just friends, why can't I be with both of you, right ?"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri May 30, 2014 11:19 am

June 8th 2013 Pagan

Kar blinked wide eyes at you unsure of how to react, as if he wasn't sure if he should be more shocked of Cade's declaration or your reaction. He's going to settle into the wall and just watch with a confused expression, though he will snicker at your slightly off color comment.( ^.^ ) Cade stood up as you began to speak, still watching with curious and slightly hopeful eyes. When you looked upset, Cade's expression turned sorrowful, as sad doesn't cover it in those clover flecked honey eyes. If you allow he leaned in and rubbed his cheek on your shoulder, Static taking up both his hands. Velcro also nuzzles you for comfort, which is why you realize the Cade is literally doing the exact thing, just to your opposite shoulder. If you stiffen Cade will pull back if not he leaves his cheek on your shoulder. Again nothing sexual, he just seemes very feline about comforting you. Velcro will not stop nuzzling your shoulder until you at least act like your not upset. Cade answers as Kar seems to confused to say anything. "All I want is a chance or a try, I'm not asking for anything your not willing to give." He slowly turns his head back to Kar. "Don't look so supprised. I told you meeting people wasn't going to be that hard. " He looks a little more like a pleased kitten with cream with that comment.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri May 30, 2014 11:20 am

June 8th 2013 Shaeyde

-- I couldn't be upset, not right now. It was bad for the cubs, and while my main concern was for them, I also refused to loose this internship because I suddenly couldn't hold myself together. I would suck it up or I would be damned. Well maybe not damned, but something else unpleasant enough.

It was strange though that the assistance with that coming together was being added to not only by my lovely little feline, but also by the Male who was acting as much like one as the cub was. My first instinct was to pull away, not wanting to make the already odd situation between the two brothers any worse. Strangely though I didn't. The action felt too nice coming from someone closer my size, and it was so uniquely familiar because of what Velcro was doing... Verdant green eyes slowly peeled back open, the warning glisten held within them less of a threat as my free fingers rubbed gently behind Velcro's ears. It took me by surprise as well when I found myself shifting so that rather than him nuzzling into my shoulder, I was briefly nuzzling in against his throat.

The differences to their scents were more pronounced now, especially as I was this close to Cade, but I took it in stride. Even with him having Static so close to him, I was really hoping that Velcro and he would be able to handle a bit more close proximity. Finally drawing back so that things didn't suddenly get weird for any of the three of us, I peered out a bit sheepishly from behind the fall of my hair. Noticing that Velcro had amazingly finished the bottle already, even with the interruption of the little outburst and all, I pried it from where he was gnawing on it before crouching to settle him on the floor. Pulling a couple of his toys from one of the bins, I tossed them to him so that he would have some form of entertainment other than my personal issues that had suddenly reared as many heads as the proverbial Hydra. Making sure to keep a solid eye on the him, I planted my hip against the same table that I had dropped the knife on a bit ago. --

"You're both exceptionally attractive young men. I don't see why you'd have a problem meeting new people, especially of the female persuasion. The males might not be so agreeable, but I'm sure you can find a way around that. Being as you're obviously not looking for my bed, it shouldn't be all that bad to give something of myself."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri May 30, 2014 11:20 am

June 8th 2013 Pagan

Cade leaned against a cabinet, and began to dangle Static's rope toy with one hand while the cub took up the crook of his other arm. His face was back in the neutral curiosity that he usually held, like nothing could really shock or knock him off balance. Kar was still leaning against the wall so in an odd way you formed a triangle and no one had to be out of sight. Kinda makes you wonder if they planned it that way. "Actually Kar and I don't get out much," Cade swung the rope toy and Static grabbed for it, a playful growl from past Static's tiny little fangs. "I think this is the longest conversation we've had with someone who wasn't related."

"Dude," Kar face palmed. " We weren't gonna talk about that."

"Well pretending to be normal kinda failed, unless you wanted that girl by the Desert Dome to throw her water at you." His tone never shifted, though he did smirk. Kar actually blushed a little red, shoved his hands in his pockets and looked out the door to the empty hall way. Cade turned his attention back to you, still swinging the toy for Static, who is being careful to not get Cade's hand. " I guess you could say we were home schooled. Over protective parents, I believe covers most of it. Our father decided we needed to get out and socialize so he sent us to our aunt, Mamma M. So is now the part where I ask if you want to go get drinks or "hang out?" My cousin said I have to ask, but wasn't very specific about when to bring that up." Your not sure, but something tells you that he's mildly amused as he talks. Though it might be Kar turning a slightly darker shade of red.

"Of course our cousin also told us that people like musicians, but I think that was a joke, but in Kar's defense it may have been a very good icebreaker." Cade, raised his eyebrows and offered an expression that had to be a peace offering.

Kar relaxed a little against the wall and sheepishly (you didn't know a slight smirk could be sheepish or adorable but it is) smirked at Cade. "I think the ice breaker was the cigarette I was smoking," Kar glanced at you, "or were you enthralled by our artistic prowess. It's almost comical the way he moves his eyebrows up and down. He flashes you what might be a real smile and you know he's joking. Awkward Kar, is trying not to be so damn awkward.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri May 30, 2014 11:21 am

June 9 2013 Shaeyde

"Tell me the two of you are at least legal."

-- I needed to just cut my tongue out and get it over with. Considering there was a knife on the table at the other side of my hand it was quite a viable option especially with the utter horse dookey that kept spilling out of my mouth. Dropping my head to try to muffle the helpless snort that slipped free, I have slid half stumbled off of the table.

Scooping up Velcro and his toys, I returned him to his playpen area with a quiet promise to return and give him a bit more playtime in a bit. Maybe some Nicotine would help my rattled senses. Slipping out the further back door that lead to where the garbage bins were kept, I hopped up onto one of them. Arching up as far as I could reach, the tips of my fingers just barely caught the edge of the roof. Dragging myself up as I'd done a few times before, I was finally, precariously perched. Granted it was more of an ass planted, bare feet dangling, but I'd done it a time or two before when i was truly desperate for a cigarette. I figured Mamma M knew as she seemed to with everything, but if she hadn't said anything yet... As long as I mad sure that not a spark flew, nor a butt was left anywhere, I think I was good. Now the question was to see if they would follow me to get an answer to theirs. --
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri May 30, 2014 11:24 am

June 9 2013 Pagan

The two brother's exchanged looks, mostly mild confusion. "We're 20, and legal American citizens," Cade said with a tilt of his head as he put Static in his pen and followed you outside.

"But we know a bar where they're not gonna bother," Kar jogged to follow you. "And we have good fake id's if we get carded, but seriously we know a good place to not cause trouble." Both of the brothers follow you up onto the roof. Kar is slightly more graceful than Cade. Kar lights a cigarette as Cade does a running jump, and pulls himself up. Kar takes a deep drag and hands the cigarette to Cade, apparently these two share cigarettes. "And you can totally plead the 5th on our age." He flashes you a grin that's more charming that any of the other grins he's managed thus far. "Please, we promise to be gentlemen and not get in any trouble. Please come out with us." The grin falls into a sad Puppy face, and even though Kar is a little exuberant he does sincerely seem to want to hang out with you. They are both awfully cute and he seems sincere. "We'll buy your drinks all night, please. The sad puppy face continues.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri May 30, 2014 11:26 am

June 9 2013 Shaeyde

"So you're almost legal to go most places that people my age go. As for a drink with you or hanging out... I don't exactly have a social life, guys. I'm not bemoaning it though. More like I don't have time for one. I'm pretty sure that if I tried bringing coursework into this bar of yours, I'd get the lot of us laughed out. That is if my other job doesn't call me in to begin with."

-- Pushing to my feet, I began walking along the back edge of the roof, bare toes playing monkey grip on lips or dips here and there. Tugging free a cigarette and giving life to it with a quick flick of my lighter, I took a much needed hit off of it, the nicotine a welcome relief for that first moment or two. Finally continuing on, touching to a topic they had mentioned inside, --

"If she'd thrown the water on you, would have been perfect excuse for you to loose the shirt. You either would have gotten yourself a number or a ticket for indecent exposure. Unless of course she already had a boyfriend, then you probably would have gotten a broken jaw. Your cousin says you HAVE to ask me out ? Like there was something you'd usually do instead ? How does your cousin even know who I am ? Also, people do like music, I just don't think they're used to it the way you two were doing. Your music is definitely good, but it was more the fact that you were in a no smoking zone."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri May 30, 2014 11:27 am

June 9 2013 Pagan

he Twins continued to pass the cigarette back and forth. "Well her "guy" may have tried to punch me and ended up tripping over a chair. I'm pretty sure the sign at the Zoo entrance said we had to keep our shirts and shoes on. Funny though, I don't think it mentioned pants." Kar pauses long enough to give you a lecherous grin and laughs. Cade cuffs him upside the back of the head, not hard just enough to mess us his hair, and put's the cigarette in Kars mouth before he can respond. Kar, who looked like he was going to get annoyed, brightens when he realizes it's the cigarette in his mouth.

"As for our cousin knowing you," Cade continued, "I have my doubts. He's over seas right now and I think it was just a suggestion to make friends. Go have drinks or hang out. If you want to bring your books that should be fine, I don't mind. We can get a booth instead of a table. People bring work in with them all the time."

Kar sighs deeply, "I'm kinda disappointed people don't randomly stop and sing in the streets, I feel so.. so.. disillusioned." Kar pretends to faint on Cade, who steals the cigarette back and commences fanning his brother with his open hand. (Cade turns to you and mouths, "such a drama queen," and rolls his eyes.)

"Your should have mercy on poor Kar though, I don't think he could stand another disappointment today. It might end him." You're slowly starting to pick up on the subtle sarcasms in Cade's voice, otherwise he might sound like a heartless bastard. Kar gives you a pleading look, and begins to do a William Shatner worthy death monologue. Cade cringes. "Oh for the love of, please come hang out with us and spare me his Shatner impressions."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri May 30, 2014 11:27 am

June 9th 2013 Shaeyde

"You tried hitting on a girl who already had a boyfriend ? That's just no good, Kar. As for the no pants, I can't say i'd have been surprised if you had tried taking them off then or now. Though when you're done being silly, of course the sign doesn't mention pants. They figure those to be common sense that you'd have to wear. Something tells me that common sense might be a thing you're lacking at times though."

-- I would have heard if anyone had come up and by the time we had progressed through the conversation enough that William Shatner was being brought back from the might as well be land of the dead, I had the perfect way how to distract them without actually agreeing to anything. By the time the idea came to me, I was on the part of my pacing that put me with my back to them. Fingers dipped to the fastenings of my jeans, quickly undoing them before shimmying out and nudging them to the side. Now granted I knew I was wearing something under them, something actually rather covering. They didn't though. The jeans had been pretty snug, so there wasn't room for a lot, but I did still wear my work out clothes underneath just in case I would end up having time between the Internship and whatever came after. Mid thigh length leggings was all they'd see, but still it brought a smirk to my face as I looked at them over my shoulder. --

"I don't think you'd be getting away with it quite as easy though. They seem to frown over people stripping. But maybe your cousin is right. Tell you what. Spend the rest of the day with me here, see Mamma M's and my babies and I'm yours tonight. Granted I'd have to make it home to shower and change but after that, I think I could manage it as long as you're sure you don't mind being seen with a nerd."

-- Darting forward carefully to where they were still sitting on the roof with me, if allowed the cigarette was stolen from Cade's hand and raised to my own lips where a deep drag was taken, held, then released. A second would follow suit before being handed off to Kar, an almost impish grin dancing across my lips. as I looked eagerly at them awaiting their response. --
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri May 30, 2014 11:29 am

June 9th 2013 Pagan

The moment you hit the zipper on your jeans, Kar stopped mid-syllable, and rolled over to give you his undivided attention, though he's clearly enjoying the view, there's a good amount of anxious curiosity behind the wide eyes. Cade is silently chuckling looks from you to Kar and then rolls his eyes and takes a drag before he lets you steal his smoky treat. Kar tries to regain some semblance of composure. Cade actually throws his head back and laughts, "A day with baby animals, my favorite aunt and a new friend who figured out how to render Kar speechless, this day is looking pretty damn good." Cade gives you a full smile, not a smirk, but a real smile, as if he let some small degree of his controlled response down. "lead on Caro lead on."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri May 30, 2014 11:31 am

June 9th 2013 Pagan

The day passes all too quickly. You get some quality time with Velcro and Mamma. Static seems to have taken to Cade nearly as fast as Velcro took to you. Kar for the most part sticks to helping Mamma with Lu since Lu is definitely the least volitile creature in the Pavillion. Their antics continue all day, and Mamma threatens to bop them both on the head if they get too rowdy. The sun starts to set and the zoo closes. The boys know a parking parking garage close to the old market and want to meet you there after you get a chance to clean up. (The old market is not actual down town but it's got a similar feel. Lots of old brick and some parks,) Its a fairly safe neightbor hood and they promise to be waiting for you when you pull in. This gives you time to get ready for some down time.

--This is about where we end Chapter 1, roughly, we may blend it with the first few posts after the blurb for chapter 2, we shall see--
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down